Today is the first day of Neil Gaiman Week on this blog. I decided doing this special feature for several reasons:
- By Jove! Neil Gaiman is awesome!
- Neil Gaiman’s Sandman is an integral part of my time in Nottingham being as enjoyable as it was.
- There are enough Steampunk elements in his various works to warrant mention on this blog I shall talk about The Books of Magic, Stardust and of course Sandman during the course of the week.
- I, Cthulhu
- American Gods, neither Steampunk nor Cthulhu Mythos, but very interesting ideas and it triggers the little anthropologist in me
- The pirates in Stardust
- The list is far from finished…
I am not going to go into detail about Neil Gaiman as a person, though. There is enough material on the hard facts of his life available elsewhere on the Ætherweb.
And for those of you, who do not know Neil Gaiman, or have only a vague idea about his work, here’s an excellent interview, about the story behind Sandman, his defining piece of work: